Senior Digital Project Manager
We are a small digital agency that focuses on nonprofit, mission-oriented work and are looking for an energetic Project Manager to help us scale our Minneapolis-based 6-person shop. The main role of this position will be managing web design and development projects for our amazing nonprofit clients.
We are looking for a true collaborator— someone who can stay on top of team and client communications to make sure everyone is involved, informed and excited about what we’re creating. We also need someone who can confidently jump into a shifting environment and enjoy the ride. As a young company, we are constantly assessing new ways to do things. Our PM will be responsible for managing multiple projects and clients at once, so being organized and detail-obsessed is a must.
Our ideal candidate will have substantial agency experience managing digital projects and familiarity with web development, design and UX standards, and content management systems. You won’t be expected to create websites, but you need to speak the language fluently.
Long-term, we hope this position will grow into a COO role. We don’t need you to be ready to fill those shoes today, but we want someone who would be exhilarated by the challenge of helping shape a young company.
We pride ourselves on having great working relationships with our clients. We have a culture of collaboration and transparency and want to ensure that anyone on our staff embodies those values. We need a PM that approaches budget conversations positively and as a good steward of our clients’ resources. We’re all working together to make the biggest impact possible.
- Understanding of the web design and build lifecycle
- Understanding of basic content management systems (e.g. Drupal and WordPress)
- A minimum of 3 years project management experience, demonstrating growth and advancement within your role and duties, including:
- Creating project timelines
- Defining project plans and requirements
- Scoping and managing project budgets (min. $50,000 budgets)
- Managing and scheduling an agency team
- Adaptability: works well in a growing and changing environment
- Knowledge of best practices in web design and development
- Top-notch communication skills. Someone who believes that good communication and relationships are more important than a specific process or methodology.
- A creative problem solver
- Warm and engaging
- Understanding life within a small agency
- Exposure to a broad range of ticketing and project management software
- Familiarity with (and opinions about) various project management methodologies and techniques
- A love of creating and improving processes in a way that leaves room for flexibility and creativity
- Maintain collaborative relationships (great communication) with lots of inspiring clients
- Oversee multiple web projects to ensure they are top notch and on time
- Create project budgets and resource requirements
- Create and adjust schedules for our design/UX/development time
- Think creatively about helping the team solve roadblocks
- Work with our lawyer to review and manage client contracts
- Utilize various software systems to help organize teams’ work.
- Provide excellent quality assurance to ensure that nothing goes out the door without thorough testing
- Project our scheduling availability
- Help pinpoint capacity needs
- Participate (with directors) on projections of financial, hiring and sales goals
- Assist with the sales process (with directors) to scope out projects
- Assist with billing and billing reports. Tracking whether we are on-track with projections
- Regularly assess our processes and tools.
Compensation & Benefits
This position offers a competitive salary range of $70,000 - $80,000 commensurate with experience and a benefit package that includes health insurance, 401K options and a flexible vacation policy.
The job will likely be located at our office in Northeast Minneapolis. During the COVID-19 outbreak, we are all working from home. We will revisit our office plan when safety is no longer a concern. If remote work is important to you long-term, we are open to it. However, in-person meetings (with staff and with clients) will be a frequent requirement when we return to the office.
We will not respond to inquiries from agencies, recruiters or overseas applicants.
Tell us about yourself!
If all of this sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
Submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Feel free to reach out to that same address with questions.
About our Company
Us Creative Works is a women-led digital agency with a small team of nonprofit website experts who specialize in Drupal & WordPress. We design, build & support websites for progressive, mission-oriented organizations.
We are a passionate group of creatives—a fun-loving bunch with a relaxed, casual office environment. Because we’re small, we value generalists who are willing to roll up their sleeves, learn new skills, and get things done. We work hard, because we care deeply about helping our nonprofit partners do the most good possible with the resources they have.
We strive to make things and work with people who embrace and further our core values.
- Creativity for Good
Our client list is growing, and so is our team!
We deeply believe that a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and voices make for a better and smarter workplace. We strongly encourage people of color, indigenous people, individuals who identify within and beyond the LGBTQ+ spectrum, women, and people with disabilities to apply.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by those assigned to this classification. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by those occupying this position. The job description and job functions described herein are subject to possible modification by Us Creative in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.