Us Creative is looking for a well-rounded web developer to assist with the configuration, development and theming of both Drupal and WordPress websites for our nonprofit clients.
You must have at least 3 years of professional experience building and theming Drupal and WordPress websites. We will consider applicants with experience in only one platform, but fluency in both is strongly preferred and Drupal experience will be favored over WordPress. Due to the volume of inquiries, we are unable to respond to unqualified candidates.
About the Job
As a Web Developer, you will:
- Work closely with our development team and creative team to create effective, visually appealing websites that are consistent across platforms and browsers.
- Convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages and translate those into working themes.
- Assist with site configuration. In Drupal, you may include select modules, structure content types, create views and more. In WordPress, you may select plugins, structure page types, create custom Gutenberg blocks and more.
- Build, test and deploy feature additions for existing Drupal and WordPress websites with a strong eye for detail, performance, cross-browser compliance and accessibility.
- Troubleshoot functionality and performance issues.
- Collaborate with other team members to develop project timelines and budget estimates.
- Maintain a strong understanding of industry best practices and content management systems.
We are looking for candidates who have…
- Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications in Drupal and WordPress
- Working knowledge of PHP and MySQL
- Comfort modifying Drupal Twig templates and Wordpress theme files
- Experience with command line tools and applications
- Strong working knowledge of Git
- A demonstrated ability to set priorities and communicate needs to both internal team and clients
- The ability to work well under pressure on multiple projects
- Strong problem-solving abilities, intelligence, initiative, and the ability to thrive under pressure
- Enough confidence and optimism to take on new challenges
- Open-minded and collaboration-oriented
- Like working with fun, humorous people
- Have top-notch interpersonal and communication skills
Compensation & Benefits
This position offers a competitive salary range of $60k- $70k commensurate with experience and a benefit package that includes health insurance, 401K options and a flexible vacation policy.
The job will be located at our office in Northeast Minneapolis. Although our team members can and do occasionally work from home, this is not a remote work position
We will not respond to inquiries from agencies, recruiters or overseas applicants.
Tell us about yourself!
If all of this sounds like you, we want to hear from you! Submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Feel free to reach out to that same address with questions.
About Our Company
Us Creative Works designs, builds & supports websites for mission-oriented organizations. We are a women-led digital agency with a small team of nonprofit website experts who specialize in Drupal & WordPress.
We are a passionate group of creatives—a fun-loving bunch with a relaxed, casual office environment. Because we’re small, we value generalists who are willing to roll up their sleeves, learn new skills, and get things done. We work hard, because we care deeply about helping our nonprofit partners do the most good possible good with the resources they have.
We strive to make things and work with people who embrace and further our core values.
- Creativity for Good
Our client list is growing, and so is our team!
We deeply believe that a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and voices make for a better and smarter workplace. We strongly encourage people of color, indigenous people, individuals who identify within and beyond the LGBTQ+ spectrum, women, and people with disabilities to apply.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by those assigned to this classification. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by those occupying this position. The job description and job functions described herein are subject to possible modification by Us Creative in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.