Digital Project Manager: Part-time
We are looking for an energetic Project Manager to help manage design and development projects for one of our most active clients.
A minimum of 2 years project management experience, demonstrating growth and advancement within your role and duties
About the job
We are a small digital agency that focuses on nonprofit, mission-oriented work. We are looking for a true collaborator— someone who can stay on top of team and client communications to make sure everyone is involved, informed and excited about what we’re creating. Being organized and detail-obsessed is a must.
Our ideal candidate will have some agency experience managing digital projects and familiarity with web development, design and UX standards, and content management systems. You won’t be expected to create websites, but you need to be extremely comfortable speaking the language.
We pride ourselves on having great working relationships with our clients. We have a culture of collaboration and transparency and want to ensure that anyone on our staff embodies those values. We need a PM that can help set and shape client expectations. Turn abstract requests into clear processes. And, carefully track budgets and be a good steward of our clients’ resources. We’re all working together to make the biggest impact possible.
This is a part-time contracting (10 hours/week), fully remote position that reports to the Senior Project Manager.
- Understanding of the web design and build lifecycle
- Understanding of basic content management systems (e.g. Drupal and WordPress)
- A minimum of 2 years project management experience, demonstrating growth and advancement within your role and duties, including:
- Creating project timelines
- Defining project plans and requirements
- Scoping and managing project budgets (min. $50,000 budgets)
- Managing and scheduling an agency team
- Adaptability: works well in a changing environment
- Top-notch communication skills. Someone who believes that good communication and relationships are more important than a specific process or methodology.
- A creative problem solver
- Great at reading people, and anticipating their needs and reactions
- Warm and engaging personality
- Knowledge of best practices in web design and development
- Understanding life within a small agency/team
- Exposure to a broad range of ticketing and project management software
- Familiarity with (and opinions about) various project management methodologies and techniques
- A love of creating and improving processes in a way that leaves room for flexibility and creativity
- Maintain collaborative relationships (great communication) with your core client
- Oversee all sprints (including ticket management) for this client
- Manage project budgets and resource requirements
- Clearly communicate deadlines, expectations, and scope to client and internal team
- Think creatively about helping the team solve roadblocks
- Respond to urgent client requests and set expectations appropriately
- Utilize various software systems to help organize teams’ work
- Make sure that all steps of process have been completed before sending any work out the door
Compensation & Benefits
This position offers an hourly compensation of $50-$70/h commensurate with experience.
We will not respond to inquiries from agencies, recruiters or overseas applicants.
The job is a remote position. Although, we gather quarterly in-person at our offices in Northeast Minneapolis and preference may be given to local candidates. We will not respond to inquiries from agencies, recruiters or overseas applicants.
Tell us about yourself!
If all of this sounds like you, we want to hear from you! Submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Feel free to reach out to that same address with questions.
About our company
Us Creative Works is a women-led digital agency with a small team of Nonprofit website experts who specialize in Drupal & WordPress. We design, build & support websites for progressive, mission-oriented organizations.
We are a passionate group of creatives—a fun-loving bunch with a relaxed, casual office environment. Because we’re small, we value generalists who are willing to roll up their sleeves, learn new skills, and get things done. We work hard, because we care deeply about helping our nonprofit partners do the most good possible good with the resources they have.
We strive to make things and work with people who embrace and further our core values.
- Creativity for Good
We deeply believe that a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and voices make for a better and smarter workplace. We strongly encourage people of color, indigenous people, individuals who identify within and beyond the LGBTQ+ spectrum, women, and people with disabilities to apply.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by those assigned to this classification. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by those occupying this position. The job description and job functions described herein are subject to possible modification by Us Creative in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.