Client Support Specialist
Us Creative is looking for a detail-oriented Client Support Specialist who has the communication and technological skills to help support our nonprofit clients achieve their ongoing site goals.
You must have worked for at least three years at either an agency, nonprofit, or digital content publisher in order to apply for this job. Drupal/WordPress editing and configuration experience is required. Due to the volume of inquiries, we are unable to respond to unqualified candidates.
About the Job
As a Client Support Specialist, you will:
- Provide proactive technical and troubleshooting support to our ongoing support/maintenance clients
- Maintain a queue of work for each project. Work with our project manager to schedule other team members if needed. Complete, manage and communicate work clearly to both co-workers and clients.
- Assess client requests to make sure what they’re asking for is the right solution.
- Understand when requests or needs are urgent. Work with the whole team to expedite them and reprioritize work accordingly
- Lead the transition of new websites from build to maintenance mode, and onboard new clients that join us for support-only services
- Get to know all of our clients. Understand their organizational needs and convey those clearly to other team members
- Monitor all the sites we maintain—from analytics to accessibility to design—in order to find new opportunities for site improvement and iteration.
- Set up regular checkins with all of our support clients; plan next steps, demonstrate possible improvements, and proactively identify needs
- Carefully monitor budget and timeline estimates to ensure tasks are done on-budget, and on-time. Keep clients and management in the know by reporting hours and progress updates on a regular basis. Review timesheets each week to ensure accurate billing.
- Train clients, so they understand how to use and edit their sites. Explain complex technical concepts to clients using clear, non-technical language
- Review completed work (designs, documents, development work) to ensure a standard or quality before clients review
- Maintain a calm, confident demeanor when in stressful or high-pressure situations
- Create systems and repeatable processes for happy clients and smooth internal operations.
We are looking for candidates who…
- Have experience editing and configuring Drupal and/or WordPress
- Demonstrate an ability to set priorities and communicate needs to both our internal team and clients
- Understand what makes a “good” website (A working knowledge of UX/ design/ configuration/ development best practices).
- Are familiar with nonprofit structures and their needs.
- Have managed websites and/ or web redesigns
- Have worked with and/or scheduled developers and/or other web professionals (designers, UX specialists, content creators, etc…)
- Can work well under pressure on multiple projects
- Have the ability to manage and create systems for tracking large amounts of requests with varying timelines
- Possess strong problem-solving abilities, intelligence, initiative, and the ability to thrive under pressure
- Have a passion for both the web and helping mission-oriented organizations do more good
- Like working with fun, humorous people
- Have top-notch interpersonal and communication skills
- Bonus: Web development skills
Compensation & Benefits
This position offers a competitive salary range of $50k- $65k commensurate with experience and a benefit package that includes health insurance, 401K options and a flexible vacation policy.
The job will be located at our office in Northeast Minneapolis. Although our team members can and do occasionally work from home, this is not a remote work position.
We will not respond to inquiries from agencies, recruiters or overseas applicants.
Tell us about yourself!
If all of this sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
Submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Feel free to reach out to that same address with questions.
About Our Company
Us Creative Works designs, builds & supports websites for mission-oriented organizations. We are a women-led digital agency with a small team of nonprofit website experts who specialize in Drupal & WordPress.
We are a passionate group of creatives—a fun-loving bunch with a relaxed, casual office environment. Because we’re small, we value generalists who are willing to roll up their sleeves, learn new skills, and get things done. We work hard, because we care deeply about helping our nonprofit partners do the most good possible with the resources they have.
We strive to make things and work with people who embrace and further our core values.
- Creativity for Good
Our client list is growing, and so is our team!
We deeply believe that a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and voices make for a better and smarter workplace. We strongly encourage people of color, indigenous people, individuals who identify within and beyond the LGBTQ+ spectrum, women, and people with disabilities to apply.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by those assigned to this classification. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by those occupying this position. The job description and job functions described herein are subject to possible modification by Us Creative in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.